Leisure Mooring Agreements - Crown Estate Scotland - December 2019

Marine Scotland Information NMPi icon

The laying of a permanent mooring or other equipment to hold a vessel requires consent from the relevant landowner. For the seabed, this consent will nearly always come from Crown Estate Scotland, who issue three types of mooring licence.

  • Individual: This is suitable for private individuals
  • Commercial: A licence for businesses such as ferry operators, boatyards, charter boats and diving vessels
  • Associations:  Once established, associations are given a seabed agreement enabling them to manage their members’ moorings within a specific area. Associations are suitable for groups of ten or more moorings and provide a degree of security as pressure on areas traditionally occupied by moorings increases.


Subscribe to RSS - Polygon