Aquaculture - Finfish, Shellfish and Fishery Sites (18.05.2017)
This map layer has been supplied directly by Marine Scotland National Marine Plan interactive. You can obtain additional information about the layer on this page
Point data identifying the location of finfish or shellfish farms around Scotland from the Fish Health Inspectorate Aquadat database. This includes fishery sites which are ponds or other installation where farmed fish are stocked for recreational fishing (either private or commercial).
The data includes the three categories:
Active: is the status of a site that is stocked or fallow with the intention of restocking in the foreseeable future.
Inactive: is the status of a site that is unlikely to be stocked in the foreseeable future.
Deregistered: is the status applied to a site that is no longer used for the purpose of fish or shellfish production; the lease has been surrendered.
This layer is downloadable from NMPi with the following license conditions: Open Government Licence (OGL) To download the data, use the link above to view the layer on NMPi, and follow these steps:
- In the layer control panel, click the disk icon next to the layer title
- This opens a pop-up window
- Select one of the available data formats
- Select the preferred coordinate system from the drop down list below
- Enter a valid email address and press download. You will be emailed a link to download the requested data