Priority Marine Features (PMF) consultation - July 2018
In July 2018 Marine Scotland consulted on the scope of a project to improve protection given to Priory Marine Features (PMFs) outside the Marine Protected Area (MPA) network.
There were 5 map layers associated with the consultation that feature on MS Maps NMPI:
- PMF Consultation - Reviewed Priority Marine Features and management status
- PMF Consultation - Areas for management consideration & knowledge gaps
- PMF Consultation - Illustrative management zones
- PMF Consultation - Estimated footprint - fishing with dredges 2009-2016
- PMF Consultation - Estimated footprint - fishing with bottom trawls 2009-2016
Layers 4 and 5 are sub sets, within 6 miles, of the two layers on MS Maps NMPI:
- Average intensity (hours) of fishing with dredges 2009-2016 (ICES SR.2017.17)
- Average intensity (hours) of fishing with bottom trawls 2009-2016 (ICES SR.2017.17)
NatureScot proposed new and extended illustrative management zones in 2022.
The 2018 consultation (see link under ‘Additional Information’ tab below) was not asking whether measures should be implemented. Another consultation will follow where measures will be proposed. In July 2019 Marine Scotland issued an 'Improving protection given to Priority Marine Features outside the Marine Protected Area network Feedback Update - 24 Jul 2019' (see link under ‘Additional Information’ tab below).