Marine and freshwater aquaculture sites (finfish, shellfish and fishery) - active, inactive, and deregistered
Locations of registered active and inactive marine finfish and shellfish farming sites. As equipment may be moved for farm management purposes, all of these sites may be not occupied by cages etc. at the same time.
Updated graphs to show aquaculture production (tonnage and value) (as found in Scotland’s Marine Atlas) can be accessed in the ‘Data Sources’ tab at the bottom of the page.
MS Maps NMPi presents 5 layers:
- Aquaculture - Active aquaculture sites (dated)
- Aquaculture - Active finfish sites (dated)
- Aquaculture - Active shellfish sites (dated)
- Aquaculture - Active fishery sites (dated)
- Aquaculture - Inactive and deregistered sites (dated)
The status of sites on MS Maps NMPi is updated weekly and may differ from status shown on Scotland’s Aquaculture web site which is updated on an annual basis.