Scotland’s Coastal Rubbish Aerial Photography (SCRAPbook) uses aerial photography collected by light aircraft to identify visible macro litter on the coast. During 2018 and 2019 images were collected from all accessible areas of the Scottish mainland coast, producing a ‘snapshot’ of macro litter distribution. A coordinated team of citizen scientists assessed the images for data intensity and litter types and a spatial data set generated to map these locations. Litter was assessed on an intensity scale from 0 – 5.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC) 4.0
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.