Maritime Transport - Ports and Harbours – Statutory harbour limits
The layer(s) shows the statutory limits for various ports and harbours in a number of categories:
- Top 11 ports (as defined by Scottish Transport statistics) Forth, Dundee, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Cromarty Firth, Sullom Voe, Orkney, Glensanda, Clyde, Cairnryan, Loch Ryan / Stranraer.
- Top 16 ports (as defined by Scottish Transport statistics) as (1) plus Perth, Montrose, Inverness, Lerwick, Ayr.
- Competent Harbour Authority (under Pilotage Act 1987) as (1) and (2) plus Buckie, Burghead, Campbeltown, Fraserburgh, Irvine, Rothesay, Scalloway, Stornoway, Troon, Wick.
- Crown / naval ports - Gareloch and Loch Long.
- Trust ports (except Skerray).
- 128 local authority ports.
- 34 Private ports including all CMAL (Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd) ports.
If you wish to comment on the data or provide data for a port not currently included, please contact either Marine Scotland on email@example.com or Transport Scotland on firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Data: 2016